Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Garden Path

There’s a road ahead of me
That fills me with such wonder
I’ve been told of it’s potential
Like the night sky filled with thunder.

Many people have been led this way
With words of promise and hope
Never giving a second thought
To a horizon they might scope.

Some go along and soon realize
Things aren’t as rosey as they seem
Their faces fill with shock and surprise
Melting away some of their dreams

So, I will choose my steps carefully
But, not in fear or trepidation
Well aware of what lies ahead
When I reach my destination.
@Copyright Scarlet's Rhymes - The above and all poetry and pictures posted on this site can not to be copied or reproduced in any manner on the World Wide Web or any any published form without the written permission of the author/creator at mjktjax@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GET BETTER AND BETTER, I THINK YOU HAVE REALLY FOUND YOUR THING, OUTSTANDING. NED