Saturday, June 03, 2006

IF I GOT HIT BY A TRUCK

Do I take my life too casually?
Do I ignore the things that I shouldn't?
Do I walk through each day blissfully?
Just never thinking that I couldn't?
Am I naively thinking I won't die?
Or, simply figure its years away?
And, continue to put off important things
Which are very easy to delay?
What if I got hit by a truck today?
Have I done all I wanted to do?
Or, did I push it aside quietly?
Thinking of all of the time to pursue?
Can I face this reality head on?
Can I get my priorities straight?
Will I have no regrets when that truck comes?
It's a necessity that can't wait.
@Copyright 2006 Scarlet's Rhymes - The above and all poetry and pictures posted on this site can not be copied or reproduced in any manner on the World Wide Web or any other published form without the written permission of the author/creator at mjktjax@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Scarlet said...

Recent unexpected deaths and terminal illnesses of friends made me take a humbling look at my own life. This poem was written from that experience. It is a strong statement. But, I think it needs to be put on this Blog in hopes that others might just take a look around too. If you stopped to look at this poem, I hope you'll take the time to leave your thoughts about it in a Comment here. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

As always you did a great job on this one. It made me stop and think about my "state of affairs".

Anonymous said...

WOW Very potent, I just got out of the hospital forunately the truck missed me this time. Awesome...Ned