Monday, February 27, 2006

Leap Year Theory

I have a theory about Leap Year
It came to me just today
When I noticed that again this year
We are short by just one day
I've been told of some odd theories
This helps us to catch the sun?
I know that there IS a good reason
I really don't know which one
My theory is quite simple
Has nothing to do with fact
I'm looking at who started it
I'm convinced it was a pact!
It was all begun by a woman
Who was born on two two nine
When someone said a day has to go
She said "By all means, take mine!"
She gets to skip three of her birthdays
And, cleverly remains young
This lady deserves a round of applause
A hero who is unsung!
@Copyright Scarlet's Rhymes - The above and all poetry and pictures posted on this site can not to be copied or reproduced in any manner
on the World Wide Web or any any published form without the written permission of the author/creator at mjktjax@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scarlet,
That's a great way to explain it. You do a marvelous job of making it all ryhme so well. Keep up the good work.
Hugs .. Barcino (Norm)