Saturday, February 11, 2006

Memories of the ol' wood shed

Grandpa loved his ol' wood shed
And, spent many a day there.
He worked on that ol' tractor
And, whistled without a care.

He smelled of hay and pipe tobacco
And, I loved to be by his side.
He said if I fed all of the horses
He would take me for a ride.

Grandpa worked hard in his day
Loved his family and that shed
When I would visit in the summer
His stories would fill up my head!

Such memories of the ol' wood shed
Tucked back out of the way
Where Grandpa made me feel special
I remember it like yesterday.

@Copyright Scarlet's Rhymes - The above and all poetry and pictures posted on this site
can not to be copied or reproduced in any manner on the World Wide Web or any any
published form without the written permission of the author/creator at mjktjax@yahoo.com

No comments: