Saturday, December 15, 2007

A FLORIDA CHRISTMAS

I have never driven in snow
Or, held a snow shovel
If I had to do either
I’d be in big trouble

Not to mention all new clothes
Hmmm.. maybe that’s not bad
I would have to start from scratch
And, get rid of all I had

I’m a native Floridian
And, I like it down here
We don’t get stuck in the ice
Well, there was that one year!

I sit inside where it’s cool
Thanks to that big AC
And, call up my yankee friends
Don’t you wish you were me?

Dream of your white Christmas’s
I’ll watch the palm trees sway
As I sit outside smiling
On this warm Christmas Day

@Copyright 2007 Scarlets Rhymes The above and all poems and pictures on this blog cannot be reproduced on the World Wide Web or any other published form without the written permission of the writer/creator at scarlet@rhymecreek.com

No comments: