Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Easter Memories

Memories of Easter from my childhood
Come around to visit every year.
The beautiful flowers in every yard
Makes a special mem’ry I hold dear
The dozens of eggs on the stove to boil
The dyes and wax pencils lined up
I loved searching through all of the cab’nets
To find Mama’s old chipped coffee cups
The hot vinegar and dye were added
The wire ring helped place the eggs just so
A few seconds of watching patiently
Brought forth a bounty of eggs to show
Dad, the Easter Bunny, would take each egg
All over our backyard he would hide
My friends and I would look all over the place
‘Cause the gold one had chok’lit inside!
Remembering Easter in a diff’runt way
So many colors from which to choose
Thoughts of a new dress that my Mama picked out
With brand new white patent leather shoes.
@Copyright Scarlet's Rhymes - The above and all poetry and pictures posted on this site can not to be copied or reproduced in any manneron the World Wide Web or any any published form without the written permission of the author/creator at mjktjax@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good, hippity hop lol
Ned