Saturday, June 28, 2008

MAKING CENTS OF NO MONEY

I rubbed two dollars together
Trying to make some cents
Clearly this was not the best way
For my time to be spent

I stretched a twenty-dollar bill
Until it snapped in two
Does that mean I now have two tens?
Please help me hear won’t you?

I pinched a penny hard and fast
It hurt my fingers sew!
Maybe blood out of a turnip
Would be the way to go

Confusion over money now
How do I keep me sum?
Bills for gas that won’t ever last
Has turned my wallet numb

I think I’ll take up gardening
Grow rows of dollar weed
Then, no matter what else happens
I got my mouth to feed

@2008 Copyright Scarlets Rhymes - The above and all poetry and pictures on this site cannot be copied onto the world wide web or any other published form without the written permission of the writer/creator at scarlet@rhymecreek.com

No comments: